History shows that presidents don’t move to end wars, until social movements do!
As a peace campaigner, I pledge to use my mind and my body, and recommit myself to movement building and nonviolent direct action, including protests, marches, teach-ins, sit-ins, community meetings and organizing, to:
- end all wars and military interventions
- end the trillion dollar nuclear weapons modernization plans and start negotiations to eliminate nuclear weapons
- demand climate justice
- end drone program & “kill list”
- close hundreds of U.S. bases around the world
- reduce military spending and shift priorities to the American people and humanitarian needs worldwide.
- create good jobs repairing our infrastructure and developing renewable energy sources
- secure healthcare for all
- ensure debt-free higher education for all
- improve and expand public transportation
- redirect and refocus our forces to assist the people of the world during natural and manmade disasters
- demilitarize local police forces
- demand racial and social justice for all people including refugees of foreign wars and immigrants